Saturday, June 21, 2008

Guardians of the Galaxy

Not much of a space book reader but I'm enjoying Guardians of the Galaxy.

Maybe because it's been a long time since I grabbed an out-of-this-world adventure comic book. I'm talking about all those Infinity series, Silver Surfer, Galactus vs. whoever stuff.

The story of Guardians is light. The characters seem to retrace their steps as the reader gets into the whole story. And speaking of the characters, they are one kooky bunch. Fortunately, they are well-developed. 4 of the characters seem familiar to whoever has read the old Infinity Watch (Adam Warlock, Gamora, and Drax). The fourth familiar character is Captain Marvel (who has been reborn).

The racoon is lovably cute. Unfortunately, it's the only adjective I have for him. And he's supposed to be the demolitions expert in the team. In the second issue, he goes on an annoying binge by continuing his thoughts about naming the team as Guardians of the Galaxy.

One note about the old Guardians of the Galaxy team, I've never been a fan of it before. Well, again maybe because it's somehow out of this world. Space is even more vast but I always thought that the adventures that can be had is just minimal. Maybe I just need to expand my mind further.

Well, pick up Guardians of the Galaxy. :)

No comments: